Best runs for intermediate snowboarder next week?

A great place to talk with others about Tremblant!
richardvoyageur

Re: Best runs for intermediate snowboarder next week?

Post by richardvoyageur »

I hated some of the terrain last year at Blue Mountain where it got super busy and there were a ton of those mogul type things on almost all of the blue runs. it's like running over speed bumps when you're trying to carve. brutal!

excellent picks again.

More suggestions for the site: 1) why don't you post all of these pics to the main website? they are of excellent quality. context would be good too, like the little blurb you put for each of those 3.

2) why is there no link back to the main site from the forums? normally in the top left corner where phpBB is?
T360

Post by T360 »

Hi Richard,

If you focus on the big, long, wide runs, you'll probably have a blast for
the entire time you are here, your carving will improve by leaps and
bounds because you can get a rhythm and keep it going for miles,
and you'll wear yourself out, then fall asleep like a rock with a big smile.

Re: Site Improvements...

The link back to the main site is in the upper picture header, just click
on "Tremblant360.com Home" right of centre screen. We should probably
make that more prominent. If it's not easy, we need to know about it so
we can fix it.

I could put a lot of this in the flickr section, but had problems doing that as flickr
wasn't posting my submissions for some reason and talking to them was like, er,
impossible, so I got away from it. I should take another stab at it.

I started "Tremblant Geographic" here for that very reason and I had fully intended to do
a lot more features in there, and will at some point, but for right now, the time factor
is holding me back on that one. You can browse through it to see some of the themes
we've put there already. Maybe we could list it as a picture gallery on the homepage?

Advance apologies for "Editorial" content...

I had hoped all along that there might be more member participation, as in Pic additions
to the "Trail Catalogue" in "Geographic", and it is coming I'm sure, but until then I can only
plug away at it as time permits. If you have a good digital camera with you on your visit,
please snap away and add as you see fit in any appropriate categories. While we're away
over the Holiday's with Family gatherings and travel commitments, that kind of member
participation from those that can would be a most welcome dynamic to the records.
In a sense, the daily reports are a gallery of seasonal development. Once this past
summer I scrolled through the whole of last season, day by day and was pleasantly
surprised to see how much of a journal-like, evolutionary thread it seemed to be.
Think of it this way, 40 years from now, you could be showing your GrandKids or
GrandNices 'n Nephew's, friends or relatives ... "This is how it was back when I first went to Tremblant..."
This diary belongs to all of us.

We do not have the budget to advertise the site at this point, so "organic" growth is what we
have and it takes time for those like you to find it because of the massive amounts of
fractured clutter on internet searches and/or some other sites.

We are most grateful to Tremblant for allowing us on their Facebook/Twitter pages, that's a huge help
along with the Mountain access so we can take ton's 'o pic's. We are working hard to earn trust
and we know that takes time and consistent, quality results. The site, reports, features and Vid's
are the good faith that we put forth in the commitment to delivery of service, for trust earned.
We just try to be useful when it comes to someone sitting in New York, London England or Sudbury
who's cruzin' the multitude of Ski area sites that a Google search will pull, but want a fully interactive
and independent source to talk to. Biased toward Tremblant? You bet, we've tried the others and we
still love it here. That's the point.

In a way, it's not bad to have a small, enthusiastic group of friends here. Everyone here really
cares about Tremblant, about making the most positive experience possible. For contrast, take that
"Doublespeak" thread on T/A for example. They don't seem to even want to know how to look
at the trail count and understand why it's important to include the long and the short. As you've
likely read, we put the "Understanding the Trail Count" in geographic and as a link on the report
posts so people would at least have a logical explanation for it even if they don't agree with the
inclusions. We vigorously support Tremblant.ca for the trail count for all the reasons we set forth.

We have a Tremblant360 T/A acct., but the last time we went on T/A we were viciously attacked
with false accusations and all sorts of evil "you better watch out" threats in PM's... sorry, no time
for that. We do have friends there, but they run into the same thing you did. They like their "Clique"
over there and we're not sure why some of them aren't more independent thinkers that would judge
valuable content on the merits of usefulness rather than discriminating against any source other than
their "Chosen One".

Geography was the only subject in school that I got a 100% term mark for, I love it, so it's a privilege
to be able to combine that passion with with how we spend our brief time here and the Pre Cambrian
history of Tremblant that literally has the world beat as arguably part of the oldest land formation on earth.
In a bit of geographically ironic humour, our Brit cousins don't think we have much "history", but...
This Ski area is about 4 billion years in the making by the hand of Mother Nature, an awesome fact.
The irony then, is that these Mountains existed as a dominant Global Geographic feature for about
3.4 billion years before the surface of England ever came up above the waves of the Atlantic Ocean.
How's that for history...!!

We will get it done, maybe not quite as fast as we would like to, but patience is a virtue... so they say.

The Tremblant360.com Team
richardvoyageur

Even after you said where the link was...I'm not seeing it at all. Unless I'm really missing it here, I simply don't see it at all.

As for the pics, I'm going to be taking my new Samsung ST70 point and shoot. It's very slim but has 14.4 mp and should take some decent shots. Hopefully we get some blue sky days.

I also got that clique feel on the TA forums, it's like I was back in highschool again and they ruled the board. I don't think I'll be posting on there anymore.
powdersc

Post by powdersc »

Richard
You should try some mediocre bump runs while you are here for your visit. Although many riders stay away from them, it is a great way to work on agility in varrying conditions and improve edge control in the valleys and ruts. When i first learned to snowboard, most of my friends were still on ski's so i didnt have much say when runs were chosen to take. I would just follow and try and keep up. Although i do find it harder in the bumps with only one active edge, I really enjoy hitting them now and glad i was pushed to get in them and try.

T-360 hit up MCA last weekend and have some footage from a buddy with a gopro but not sure how to move from facebook and transfer? If i can figure it out, would you like it sent to a personal email? really shows the amount of snow we have recieved thus far..
T360

Post by T360 »

richardvoyageur wrote:Even after you said where the link was...I'm not seeing it at all. Unless I'm really missing it here, I simply don't see it at all.

As for the pics, I'm going to be taking my new Samsung ST70 point and shoot. It's very slim but has 14.4 mp and should take some decent shots. Hopefully we get some blue sky days.

I also got that clique feel on the TA forums, it's like I was back in highschool again and they ruled the board. I don't think I'll be posting on there anymore.
Hi...

This site was Mac built, so we know that some things are not exactly the
same on a PC display... I'll post a screenshot here in a bit with what I see and
we'll try to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your patience.

Regarding T/A, It's too bad they can't get by "Influences", but if that's
the case then it may show they prioritize politics and discrimination
over a genuine interest in additional sources of legitimate Tremblant
content which unfortunately, reduces that forum's value.
T360

Post by T360 »

powdersc wrote:Richard
You should try some mediocre bump runs while you are here for your visit. Although many riders stay away from them, it is a great way to work on agility in varrying conditions and improve edge control in the valleys and ruts. When i first learned to snowboard, most of my friends were still on ski's so i didnt have much say when runs were chosen to take. I would just follow and try and keep up. Although i do find it harder in the bumps with only one active edge, I really enjoy hitting them now and glad i was pushed to get in them and try.

T-360 hit up MCA last weekend and have some footage from a buddy with a gopro but not sure how to move from facebook and transfer? If i can figure it out, would you like it sent to a personal email? really shows the amount of snow we have recieved thus far..
Thank you, so, so much... that would be absolutely excellent.
If you can go to "Chris Prouse" directly via t360 facebook
with a P Message, thinking that would be the best.

He will fully credit any source right up front for future reference and
you are welcome to build your own "brand", so to speak, because we
genuinely appreciate the additional perspectives from your POV.

Thinking also we should put it in these forums "Tremblant Geographic"
Trail Catalogue under MCA's dedicated page. What a cool thing
for people to be able to goto. It's really the thing Richard was
talking about before, building a library of trail pic/vid references.

We'll work through any teething problems in the process for
future efficiency, we're learning too. The main thing we're trying
to achieve is image quality. Practice makes perfect, so you can always
revise, repost, redo or whatever at your own pace if you feel the need.

Personally, I think that's what's going to give this site its unique
appeal for today and its "fingerprint" in Tremblant history.
richardvoyageur

here is what mine looks like in Internet Explorer. Looks pretty crappy to be honest and doesn't fit with the rest of the site.
T360

Post by T360 »

O.K. then, we may be getting somewhere....

That screen shot you're getting is, according to our web-master,
a default presentation that occurs when a computer does not
recognize the page "Theme".

It could be due to more than one cause, but one that's occured
before is with older versions of Internet Explorer.
Safari and Firefox apparently never exhibit this default and
as far as our field testing, current versions of Explorer that
we've been able to use are showing the correct image.

If you can provide the spec's on the version you're running
we'll try to sort it out.

If anyone else following this thread is having a similar problem,
please let us know.

Here's what we see:
Screenshot from www.tremblant360.com
Screenshot from www.tremblant360.com
Picture 8.jpg (251.63 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
In this screenshot, up in the photo page header, you can see
the "Tremblant360.com Home" link, just right of center screen.
richardvoyageur

Internet explorer 7.0.5730.13

I'm very surprised your webmaster didn't notice this before, as most of the friggin' world is still using IE 7 or even earlier! Probably cutting out a huge portion of the population with that error.

I verified that it works fine on Firefox, looks much better than what I see.
richardvoyageur

Internet Explorer Market Share
— August 2010[83] via Net Applications [note 1]

Internet Explorer 6 16.18%
Internet Explorer 7 10.89%
Internet Explorer 8 27.90%
All variants 60.40%
27% look to still be using IE 6 or 7.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic